Past Events - 2001
- October 18th-30th: Two Russian burns surgeons from the Speranski Hospital in Moscow (sponsored by IMET2000) spent time in the Blond McIndoe Centre, East Grinstead learning cell culture techniques in the Centre’s culture unit.
- September 21st-25th: CG visited Singapore to lecture on organ transplantation and tissue banking and participate in a conference organised by the Singapore General Hospital under the leadership of Professor ST Lee.
- July 28th-31st: CG flew to Palestine to join in the very first graduation ceremony of 24 from the first entry cohort of 32 starting in October 1994 under the leadership of the then Dean Dr Nael Shihabi……an historic moment in medical education in Palestine, for the first time producing young doctors of high quality from within Palestine and now trained entirely in Palestine.
- June 6th-11th: CG flew to Palestine for further meetings with potential donors for the medical school, to meet the students and to plan their elective visits to the UK.
- May15th: An event to officially launch the charity and its programmes was held in the Royal Society of Medicine with guests from all the main medical schools in London and from research institutions in attendance and was extremely successful in putting IMET2000 on the map.
- May 11th-15th: Dr Hani Abdeen visited the UK sponsored by IMET2000 to look at different curricula used in teaching medicine (traditional v. systems based/integrated).
- March 19th-April 7th: Dr Mazen Abu Awawd was sponsored by IMET2000 for surgical training in Northwick Park and the Royal Free Hospitals.