Past Events - 2003
- December 4th-9th: CG flew to Palestine to plan further postgraduate training with senior academics and government officials.
- November 25th: CG visited Rotherham District General Hospital to discuss possible visits of Arab-speaking psychiatrists to Palestine to start a programme of service and teaching in a much needed discipline.
- November 30th-31st: CG flew to Paris to meet French colleagues in several University Hospitals wanting to collaborate in training young Palestinian doctors in different specialties.
- September 1st: Dr Mohanad Al Aker (now the dental expert on the IMET2000 Academic Advisory Board), graduated in his MSc in Orthodontics in the Eastman Institute in London and CG attended the ceremony and reception.
- July 25th -29th: CG flew to Palestine for the graduation ceremony of the 3rd intake of medical students started in 1997 and discussions with the IFMSA student body.
- June 6th-12th: CG flew to Palestine to visit Nablus, Al Quds and Ramallah for undergraduate and postgraduate education needs.
- April 21st: CG flew to Dundee to discuss with Professor Ronald Harden and with the University Vice Chancellor Sir Alan Langlands the linking of their distance learning initiative IVIMEDS with the IMET2000 proposed INmedS either as collaborative projects or as merged entities. It was agreed that both needed further development and then should meet again to re-assess their position say after 6 months; meantime each would collaborate in developing new IT technologies for medical education.
IMET2000 has awarded Iryna Buriak of the Kharkov Institute a travel bursary to attend “The 13th International Conference on Animal Physiology 2017” to be held on June 21st-23rd,2017 in the Congress Centre ACADIMIA (Stara Lesna, Slovakia) organised by the Slovak Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Animal Physiology...Read more >
IMET2000 continued its support for the Institute for Cryobiology in Kharkiv, Ukraine by supporting with a travel bursary the participation of PhD student Yuliia Martynova in the 10th edition of Leiden International Medical Student Conference from the 15th -19th March,2017...Read more >
We are delighted to announce that the well- known actress and human rights activist Ms Miriam Margolyes has agreed to join our Council of Patrons. This is really important to us as she has strong views in backing just causes with honesty, humour, intelligence and courage...Read more >