Past Events - 2006
- November 29th: CG visited the Paris HQ of UNESCO again to meet senior officials and discuss setting up a new Chair-UNITWIN in Palestine in either primary health care or in medical education.
- November 23rd-28th: CG worked in Palestine for 5 days.
- June 24th-26th: IMET2000 sponsored Dr Ronnie Lamont an experienced gynaecologist and obstetrician to visit Palestine, examine final year students in Abu Dies and discuss CPD with senior Palestinian colleagues in Ramallah.
- June 10th-15th: CG worked for 5 days in Kharkov.
- April 23rd-26th: CG toured several institutes in Qatar and participated in a large conference in Doha called by the Emir and his wife Shekha Mosa to initiate a completely new Research Institute to eventually achieve standards on a par with the Sanger in Cambridge, the Pasteur in Paris, the Karolinska in Stockholm and the Weizmann in Israel. Most of the delegates were of Arab background working in North America and contemplating a future role in such an institute.
- April 3rd-6th: CG visited the University of Gothenberg in Sweden hosted by Professor Kurt Ahrens and met young medical students eager to do their electives in Palestine as well as senior Faculty willing to spend several weeks at a time teaching in the medical schools in the West Bank.
- March 11th-18th: CG worked in Palestine for a week.
IMET2000 has awarded Iryna Buriak of the Kharkov Institute a travel bursary to attend “The 13th International Conference on Animal Physiology 2017” to be held on June 21st-23rd,2017 in the Congress Centre ACADIMIA (Stara Lesna, Slovakia) organised by the Slovak Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Animal Physiology...Read more >